Ten Biggest Mistakes clients make when choosing a Flooring Contractor
1. Choosing a flooring contractor on price alone!
2. Is the Flooring Contractor recognised/accredited by the manufacturers to install your investment?
Commercial flooring is a costly exercise, would you trust anybody to install your investment? NBD Designer Floors undergoes regular training from our key supplies in the installation methodologies to ensure your investment is installed to their specifications & to comply with warranty compliances.
3. Do they install to Australian Standards A.S 1884-2012 and A.S NZS 2455.1-2007?
There have been recent changes to the Australian Standards in testing methodologies for Sub-Floor Moisture Levels, product acclimatisation & site conditions and information provided to the end user to name a few. NBD Designer Floors installs all our projects based on these latest changes and existing installation guidelines for installation. This protects you & your investment, NBD Designer Floors and ensures your flooring will be installed to manufactures specifications and Australian Standards.
4. Do they have the necessary OH&S procedures in place to safe guard against whilst on your site?
5. Do they have $20 million Dollar Insurance cover and have Police Checks?
6. Do they provide you with a detailed plan of the area identifying seam joins and floor layout direction?
7. Do they include any sub-floor preparation in the quotation?
Some of the tricks used by some competing contractors are to not include any sub-floor preparation in the quote to win the job, only to back charge once won. Any vinyl/resilient flooring project will require at a bare minimum a 1-2mm Scratch Coat of Ardit to remove minor imperfections on the slab that will otherwise show through the new flooring. Unless otherwise requested, NBD Designer Floors includes minor sub-floor preparation in all our vinyl/resilient flooring quotes.